Aluminum Venetian Blinds Measuring
- Use a metal tape measure
- Measure in millimetres (mm)
- Measure width in 3 places and use the smallest width
- Measure height at each end
- Double check your measurements
- Print this measuring worksheet and write measurements down as you measure each window- measuring worksheet click here. Then transfer to the ordering section on the website.
- Allowances for brackets are made at the factory - you do not need to factor this in yourself.
- Metal tape measure
Measuring your blinds is really easy with our simple measuring guides!
Decide if you want the blind to fit "inside" or "outside" the window frame (see sample images). Scan the window and check that no handles or objects will interfere with the operation of the blind. Generally blinds are fitted inside the recess, unless there is not enough room. The depth required within the frame for aluminium venetians is a minimum of 35mm.
Measure width first then drop (height) - see sample images. Measurements must be exact so take measurement in three places for the width (top, middle and bottom) and where there is a difference use the smallest measurement. Use two measurements for the height (one at each end) and where there is a difference use the smallest measurement.
The minimum depth required for for aluminium venetians is 35mm.
Choose your control side. Usually the easiest side to get to.
Decide if you would like a cleat. This is a clear plastic device that you wrap the cords around.