Roller & Sunscreen Blinds Measuring
Measuring your blinds is really easy with our simple measuring guides!
- Use a metal tape measure.
- Measure in millimetres (mm).
- Measure width in 3 places (top, middle, bottom)
- Measurement at top is very important as this is where brackets are positioned
- Measure height at each end.
- Double check your measurements.
- Print this measuring worksheet and write measurements down as you measure each window- measuring worksheet click here. Then transfer to the ordering section on the website.
- Allowances for brackets are made at the factory - you do not need to factor this in yourself.
- We take a deduction off the width you order.
Single Brackets are 56mm x 70mm Double Brackets are 88mm x 150mm
- Metal tape measure
Decide if you want the blind to fit "inside" or "outside" the window frame (see sample images). Scan the window and check that no handles or objects will interfere with the operation of the blind. Generally blinds are fitted inside the recess, unless there is not enough room. The depth required within the frame for rollers is a minimum of 60mm.
Decide if you want the fabric to roll over the front of the tube or over the back (most common is over the back).
Fabrics with ivory backing are generally front rolled to avoid seeing the backing on the top of the tube.
Choose your chain control side. Usually the most convenient side to get to.
OPTIONAL: Child Safe
Child Safes's are small plastic clips that holds the chain in place. They are designed to reduce the risk of strangulation. Child Safe's also provide a neat and tidy look and stop the chain from moving around in a draft if window or door is open where blind is fitted.
To fasten the Child Safe hook the chain around the clip of the Child Safe and position it either inside the recess or to the face (determined by whether the blind is fitted to the recess or face).
Make sure the position of the Child Safe will not interfere with the blind once fully wound down. Allow for some slack in the chain so you may still operate the blind easily. Once you are satisfied with the position drill into place.